A few questions before you proceed reading further. We intend to make a difference to the reader!
Do you know your goals? Have you documented your organizations goals?
Hope the answer to the above questions were a YES! Let me reiterate my first question now. Do you know what are the goals of your employees?
Did you know, If you take care of your employees goals, they will take care of your goals.
Here is a short extract from Bryan Tracy in the book – Master of Sales, Dr Ivan R Misner and Don Morgan
- In every study, the quality of goal orientation seems to be associated with high levels of success and achievement.
- Top sales performers are intensely goal oriented.
- The highest-paid salespeople know in advance how much they are going to earn each week, each month, each quarter, and each year. They build their projections in advance and don’t depend on the insights and targets provided to them by their managers.
- They know how many calls they will have to make to achieve a particular level of sales, and they have clear plans about what they are going to do with the money they earn.
- It is essential for your success that you decide exactly how much you intend to earn each year.
Here are some Suggested Actions
- You should now discuss and ask the employee(here we are talking more about your Sales Professional) to write down her/his goals
- Drill it down to monthly/quarterly/yearly goals
- Deliberate on what he/she would like to do with the rewards of accomplishment
- Deliberate on the activities to be done to achieve the goals. Help them break their goals into tiny and achievable tasks. For ex: how many calls, meetings, Funnel, Sales Closures.
- If you do these activities diligently for 3 months, my challenge is you will definitely see the desired outcome
- Recommend him/her to review his/her goals periodically
Tip: It is said that if you review your goals 3 times a day, the probability of accomplishing your goal is 99.99%
Happy CRMing !!