Businesses must have a process for managing Customer Relationship. Understand why? and how?
Managing Customer Relationship is not just a mere activity to get repeat business from your clients. It is about making each and every customer feel like they have a one-to-one relationship with you. If the relationship with the customer is strong, everything comes your way.
A properly positioned CRM process gives you the opportunity to show your customers that:
- Your organization knows and recognizes them
- All employees understand them
- Your organization cares about their needs, questions, issues and concerns
- You can deliver services and products they need the most
- Your organization is happy, thankful and appreciate their business
The organization knows and recognizes its customers:
Your CRM Process will collect and display all the information about your customers, and build your customer’s profile. This clearly shows that your organization knows and recognizes its customers and contacts.
- Who are your customers?
- Are they a business or a person?
- Where are they located?
- If the customer is a business, how big is it?
- If the customer is a business, what do they do?
- Why does this business need your product/service?
- How do they communicate with you and what mode of communication do they prefer?
- Do these have an account?
- How long have they been a customer?
Employees understand their customers and their needs
Your CRM process will enable your employees to view and analyse the customer’s buying profile and preferences. As a result, the staff can also understand your customers and their needs in a better manner.
- How often do these customers buy?
- When do they buy?
- Is there a pattern to their buying habits (e.g., season, scenarios, events, problems)?
- How much do they buy at one time? Over time?
- What do they buy?
- Do they always buy the same thing?
- Why do they buy it?
The organization cares about customer’s needs, questions, issues and concerns
With the valuable data and insights collected, you can build a strategy that will cater to their needs better and intern increases revenue. This shows that you are an organization that cares about the customer’s needs and delivers services and products they need the most. Here the CRM process deployed will:
- Create more repeat business opportunities by anticipating the existing customers’ needs
- Identify the best customers your organization has acquired
- Project potential customers
- Identify products you can cross sell and upsell to your customers
- Target marketing campaigns and promotions accurately
The organization can deliver services and products customers need the most
The CRM process will also address every challenge the customer faces in a proper method. This shows that your organization cares about their questions, issues and concerns
- Document every issue/concern raised by the customer
- Assign and solve the issues on priority
- Communicate to the client with a reference and solution
- Analyse and identify major loopholes that cause customer dissatisfaction and correct them
The organization is thankful and shows gratitude for the business extended
This carefully designed CRM process will enable you to use the information collected to increase your company’s perceived value. You can also show to the customer that the organization is happy, thankful and appreciates their business with value added services like:
- Making the ordering and buying process easier through pre-filled order forms and e-mail reminders
- Tailor made shopping experience for your customers, with self-service functions. This will also reduce customer response times
- Communicate through e-newsletters, with topics that would be of interest to your customers;
- Offer free or discounted complementary products to your best customers
- Offer loyalty points and incentives for additional or future purchases
- Create a platform where customers can share their experiences with one another