Learn what forms the core of delivering good customer service. What customer service factors should a business improve to get recommended by customers?
Delivering good customer service is possible if you can work on certain customer service factors. A business owner’s focus must be on the all-round development of functions that interact with customers. This must include active involvement of the promoters and management. Extreme focus must be covered on Skillsets, attitude, efficiency, processes, environment and training on people management skills of all the customer facing staff.
We must understand that customers do not make any recommendations just like that. When they make a recommendation, they do it by putting their own reputations at stake. Organizations must earn that recommendation through the consistent delivery of outstanding customer service. This will be possible when you work on getting the following qualities and elements right in your business.
Qualities that every customer facing individual in the organization must possess:
- Be Friendly, helpful and courteous to fellow individuals and customers.
- Be Empathetic: Show maturity and ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
- Be Knowledgeable, accurate, thorough with the products, service and solutions offered.
- Be Resourceful and stay updated and empowered with tools and technology
- Have ability to recommend solutions
- Able to anticipate needs
- Be Efficient and focus on results
- Be Trustworthy and authentic
- Be Reliable
- Understands and takes Responsibility and accountability
- Display appropriate appearance and behaviour
Your product, service and solution offering must:
- Have a good selection/ wide range of options for a customer to choose
- Be of Good quality
- Be available – In stock
- Have impressive and satisfactory demos
- Have Clear description & pricing
- Be competitive with pricing in the market
- Have financing, deferred payments option
All round Infrastructure that facilitates convenience to customers:
- Office and service centres must be in convenient locations
- Good Environment which is Clean, Organized, Safe, Low-pressure
- The facility must be working / open for Long hours
- Available help, fast service
- Automated systems to enable Fast checkout
- Easy Shipping/delivery options
- First demo and installation facility
- Accessible (24hrs: optional) phone/web support
- On-site repair services
- Hassle-free returns process and policies
- Systems and processes that enable quick resolution of problems